Wednesday 6 July 2011

Day 10 Prestwick (Gourock) to Oban


Calories: 5054
Time in the saddle: 5:45
After catching the ferry from Gourock to Dunoon (just saying Dunoon makes you sound Scottish) i was back on the bike and waved goodbye to the passing crew and caravan. This was a day i was unsure of. I did not know what to expect......did the Highlands really mean ‘High land’ and how big can a Loch really be?  Well the answer to both questions is it really didn’t matter. This really was the best location i have ever ridden in. From the moment i set of from the ferry to the moment i rolled around the last Loch, this place is picture perfect every way you turn. The Loch’s were so still they almost looked like mirrors. That saying, this was probably one of my hardest days ride. The wind seemed to follow me head on and my reserve in my legs just didn’t seem to be there. I put that down to 2 late nights (past 2200).
As i’m typing Dad is cooking a special of the day, sausages/potato’s and beans. He has asked me not to tell my Mum of his cooking exploits because he doesn’t want to rock the boat (Joke).
Off into Oban tonight for a walk and explore the Loch’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment