Wednesday 6 July 2011

Day 3: Witheridge to Wells




Miles: 72.27
Calories: 5028
Time: 05:45
The 1st thing i would like to say is that Devonshire flies taste a lot meatier than Cornwall flies. Fact. I ate a lot of them today (not intentionally i might add) as i was riding through a lot of country lanes. Someone tells me there good for you, so it’s all good.
I am typing this as an ashamed man. I’m so ashamed; I almost want to shave my attempt at a beard off. Why? I pushed my bike up 2 hills. I did the very thing that I vowed not to do.......... “there is no hill too big, no hill too steep for James ‘Lance Armstrong’ Colley”........... yeah, well let me tell you something for free.......there are 2 hills that are too big for me to tackle.  In my defence, my chain came off the bike on the 1st hill and i lost all of my momentum....... but between you and me.....i still wouldn’t have managed it.
Anyway, enough of the hill talk. A strange days cycling today. It started off in the 1st couple of hours in the sleepy Devonshire countryside and country lanes. Very hilly and slow but beautiful surroundings. I even saw 3 wild deer.  The 2nd half of my ride was a lot flatter but wetter. Proper wet.  When i came into glasto, i wanted to finish, so put my head down and thankfully Wells seemed to be around the corner. Going for a walk in Wells now with the old man.
Highlights: Negotiating a trade with the lady in the local post office in Curry Leval....... 70pence worth of sweets as well as a top up of my water bottles! Result.
Low points: Getting beaten by the hills. Colley 2501 Hills 2 (to be continued).

No comments:

Post a Comment