Wednesday 6 July 2011

Day 6 Prees to Newton Le-Willows


Not Happy Jim !
Miles: 46.18
Calories: 2960
Time: 3:12
See day 5. Pretty much used the same road (A49) today to reach the hole that is Warrington. Just when i thought that a day couldn’t be less worth commenting on (see yesterdays notes) day 6 pops up and steals the show! A very boring, windy wet ride which also included me nearly getting knocked off by some old bint in a Lexus (or Lexi). After pulling out of a round-a-bout in my bright aluminous orange t-shirt with a perfect arm signal, i had clocked that she had not seen me but was stilling driving onto the round-a-bout and by this time i was already in front of her bumper. Thinking on my feet the best i could come up with was “oi” and when the 1st one didn’t grab her attention the second one sure did.......”OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII” she saw me, realised that her car also had breaks that worked and spared me. No apologies, no acknowledgement of wrong doing. Tit . Anyway, my day has been made by the arrival of Helen and her Dad and Grice and Pye. Really nice to see everyone and tell some tales. Tomorrow Kendal which i fear is going to be a slog.
p.s. I’m not sure our caravan or car wheels are going to be on in the morning as we are staying on a ‘proper’ traveller site or to use the politically correct term, a proper ‘pikey’ site. I just wish i would have packed my vest.

No comments:

Post a Comment