Wednesday 6 July 2011

Day 2: Wadebridge to Witheridge (Hills upon Hills)




Miles: 66.06
Calories: 4690
Time: 5:01
On the road for 0840 this morning maybe not as excited as yesterday but nevertheless, the enthusiasm was still there until I was 15 minutes into the ride. Now, let me tell you something.......there is nothing like a never ending hill to zap any positive vibes you may hold. I don’t think I’ve ever been as close to the outer atmosphere or even the Sun when I finally reached the summit. This baby was big, but the constant hours of training up Churwell hill put me in steed.
I think the Hill ratio of up going up to going down throughout the day was around: - 25 up 1 Down. Oh well, ‘they’ say that these are the 2 hardest days........so now that they’re behind me it should be a breeze!!!!!
I’ve also decided today that i’m not going to shave until i finish the ride......lets see how that pans out hey?
Highlights:  Great day for riding, not too hot, not too cold.
Low points: Twisted the knee whilst trying to fix my bike !!! How annoying. The bike we can fix but if the knee goes then the dreams go up in smoke. Pain killers here we come !

No comments:

Post a Comment