Wednesday 6 July 2011

Day 11 Drumnadrochit to Dornoch (and then some more)


Miles: 89:56
Calories:  6059
Time: 6:09
It’s safe to say that i did not want to ride this morning. We both had a shocker of a nights sleep last night. I saw every hour through to 3am and Dad was up 3 times for various reasons. I was grumpy, itchy and tired when i got on the saddle and could not be bothered with it.
I left the beautiful Highlands and ended up cutting through Inverness. Now there is a contrast if ever i needed one. As soon as i saw the 1st person carrying a can of lager on the street, i felt justified choosing my route through the longer/hillier highlands  than going the quicker way up through Glasgow etc.
I eventually found my way to the very pleasant sea side village of Dornoch and had to give myself a talking to about putting in some extra miles. The talking must have worked because i seemed to get a second wind and have left myself 50 miles to finish tomorrow. Result.
In truth, this evenings ride was a joy. Very up and down but the road hugged the coastline and i had the best views of the North Sea. The weather was kind to me today and really aided the good views. Looking forward to tomorrow and towards the end of our epic journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment