Wednesday 6 July 2011

Day 7 Newton Le Willows-Kendal



Miles: 70:33
Calories: 4714
Time: 4:47
Just to confirm, all wheels are in place and all sleeves are present on our t-shirts.
What a difference a day’s riding in the sun makes. I have just re-read the last 2 days input and i think my negativity was pertained to the wet/cold conditions. Today has been a great day’s riding up and to the Lake District. As most of you know, this really is a special place and when the sun shines, it makes you proud to be English. Even the hills didn’t bother me today and i dare say that even if i saw any more Lexus (lexi) drivers, i would have smiled and tipped my cap.
I had a bit of a ride on the canal today, but could only manage 2 miles as it was a little bumpy and reverted back to the road.  I also bumped into 2 fellow LEJOG riders who i saw on the 1st day at Lands End. After a bit of chat and words of encouragement i left them to it (or so i thought, i hit 2 red lights when i pulled away so had 2 more awkward chats to pass the time).
Highpoints of the day have to include just arriving in the Lakes.
Low points, my i-pod speaker has broken (I secretly think it has been sabotaged by my Dad as he was getting annoyed with my eclectic musical tastes)

No comments:

Post a Comment